It's no secret that 2012 was a pretty stellar year for me. I am so thankful for all of the incredible strengthening and inspiring experiences that the past year brought me. It's still hard to digest everything - from the trip to Australia, to the move to Boston. It all seems a bit surreal, like I'm looking back on someone else's life!
As I look forward into the New Year, I have a few personal resolutions, but most importantly I want to continue to create music and help colleagues bring their art and ideas to life. I have to admit that I'm a bit anxious, I don’t have any performances or seminars on my calendar yet! This is the first time in years and years that I haven't had a performance to prepare for or project to look forward to completing. It is a strange feeling, and makes me reflect upon and evaluate my daily actions.
How will I create an active performance schedule once again? I've spent the last 4 months attending concerts, forcing people to have coffee with me (also known as networking), and consuming the music scene in Boston. I've met some fantastic people, no doubt. Looking forward, I'm definitely going to have to take matters into my own hands. I'd like to apply for fiscal sponsorship (via Fractured Atlas) so I can apply for more grants to produce some of my project ideas. However, I have to decide exactly how I'd like to brand myself before moving forward towards these long term goals. I also need to choose which specific performance and teaching ideas I would like to pursue this year…to be discussed later!
Hopefully I will have some exciting updates soon, but I will leave this entry with my own top ten highlights from 2012. Thanks to everyone who was a part of each of these great musical memories!
- Nattmusik Tour (our farewell to Sweden) with Ensemble Evolution (EE), Anna, and Angela
- Tour in Australia with EE
- Recording my first CD with Jake (Evolution Percussion Duo) and second CD with Ensemble Evolution, Angela and Anna (Sounds from the Treetops)
- Moving to Boston to work at the New England Conservatory
- Tours with BYP (Feb - Russian Embassy in Berlin, May - thoughout Germany, Nov - Italy)
- Residency at the Lithuania Academy for Music and Theatre with EE, The Process
- Debut concert in Boston for Jeremy's recital
- Performing with Bill and Ruth Cahn in Piteå
- EE's trip to Pori, Finland to perform and teach
- Collaborating with Angela to form our percussion/clarinet duo
Hope next year's list is just as exciting! Wishing everyone another year of happiness, may you be surrounded by the people you love and submerged in your life's passion.